Hi folks! My apologies for being absent in the past 2 months but a lot of things have happened that I want to share with you.
1. I have quit my job 2 months ago so that I can focus on other things, Posterology being one of my main priorities. I know that the frquency of the posts doesn’t show that but more on that later. I want to continue to make posters for great TV shows, because it’ awesome along with the feeling that so many people are following my work.
2. Negotiations with Sony Pictures about selling the Breaking Bad posters through them is still in progress. Sadly, things are moving forward very-very-very slowly, I was hoping that I can give you good news by now but we all have to wait for that… All I can say is what Sony tells me: please be patient.
3. I’m still making the Hannibal posters and finished the first season a couple days ago. You will see them all by the end of the next week, before I leave to my festival-holidays.
4. As I mentioned before, I’m focusing on new series and new posters. I had a poll couple months ago, which results said that most people want to see Game of Thrones posters. So I’ve started to watch the show and finished Season 4 recently and I started to do the usual research, rewatching episodes, sketching etc. It’s very tough and I think you know why: a lot of things are happening on GoT, it’s not easy to decide what to depict on a poster aaand I don’t want to copy other peoples work… so it’s very tough. Now I have 4 posters ready but they may change. I will not post anything until I have at least the first season ready. Please be patient, I don’t want to screw this up.
5. I’m constantly thinkiing about the poster concept for True Detective and House of Cards. Probably I will not start working on them before I finish the 2. season of the Hannibal posters. It would be too much to handle at once.
6. Besides the posters I’m freelancing as a graphic designer and try to start my own company with a couple friends. I have been very busy since I quit my old job and that’s a good thing. I hope that I will get along and not starve in the meantime.
That’s it. Posterology and Breaking Bad changed my life, I just hope I can live up to the task.
Spread the word!
Cheers to you all!
This is an open letter to all the folks in various fan groups, fan blogs, fandoms anywhere (especially on Tumblr, Facebook, Reddit, Pinterest, Instagram … hell, just about any social network out there):
I think it’s wonderful that you value art, and the services that artists provide. But you…
Usually I don’t reblog, but Shayne from Heisenberg Chronicles made a good point here. This deserves a reblog!
Important Public Announcement
Hello my dear followers. I have very important news to announce.
First of all, sometime in the next 24 hours I will remove the Breaking Bad posters from Society6 and Redbubble and I will also remove the links from Posterology. This will happen because I was approached by Sony Entertainment in this matter, who is also the owner of Breaking Bad copyrights.
Please don’t be upset or sad because I’m not. I was made a promise that Sony is going to work out a way to use my artworks in an official way, which - I think - would be the best solution for all parties, including you, the Breaking Bad fans.
When I started this project, I would have never believed that it would go this far and YOU had a huge part in that. I cannot say “THANK YOU” enough times for your support and love, you’re all incredible people! You and this project have changed the course of my life.
Now I place my confidence in Sony’s team to move forward and I continue to celebrate the best TV show in the world!
-Zsutti from Posterology